Students First Funds Golf Tournament
Presented by SimplexGrinnell
Last year, we SOLD OUT the tournament with 144 golfers on Friday, June 1, 2012 to enjoy a day of golf and support a great cause – the Students First Fund: Community Service. Thanks to the support of those involved, the tournament raised over $15,000.
This year’s 5th Annual Students First Funds Golf Tournament presented by SimplexGrinnell will continue to support the Students First Fund: Community Service. Your contributions will fund service initiatives that allow students to help others through alternative break service, weekly service programs in the local community, and special service projects. Your support will allow us to enhance the students’ experiences through leadership and training opportunities, making service trips more affordable, and expanding the number of initiatives available to students.
Reserve your space today!
Online registration provided by the UConn Foundation.
2013 Tournament Details
Monday, June 10, 2013
10:00am Shotgun Start
(on the Anderson Glen Course)
Blackledge Country Club
180 West St.
Silent Auction Items
- Pinehurst Resort Trip sponsored by Acura
- Women’s Championship basketball signed by team and coach
- Head Coach Kevin Ollie signed basketball
- Head Coach Paul Pasqualoni signed football
- Tour of Gampel Pavilion and the Burton Family Complex (on the UConn Campus)
- Red Sox Tickets
- Yankees Tickets
- Candy Basket
- Beer Basket
- Italian Themed Basket
- Gardening Basket
- Bath and Body Basket
- And more...
Contests & Prizes
- 1st Place - TBD
- 2nd Place - TBD
- 1st Place Mixed Group - TBD
- Hole-in-one Prizes
- Closest to Pin
- Closest to the Line
- Longest Drive Men's/Women's
- All players will tee off at each hole.
- The team selects the best drive and marks the position (within 6 inches) with a tee peg (not nearer the hole). There will be a minimum of two tee shots per player to be used.
- The other players then retrieve their balls.
- The player whose ball has been chosen then plays his or her next shot first.
- The remaining players then play within six inches of the tee peg (not nearer the hole). Note! Golf balls shall be placed on closely mown areas and dropped if the chosen ball in play is in the rough or a hazard.
- The above method of play is followed until the green is reached.
- On the green the same method applies. The ball chosen is marked by a putter head length and players putt from the same spot in turn.
- Each player must mark the ball after putting. Play continues from each chosen position until the ball is holed.
- The score is the total number of shots from the chosen spots (including the tee shot).
- Scott Gallo
- Community Outreach
- Community Outreach Alumni
- UConn Foundation
- Alumni Association website
- Division of Student Affairs
- The University Club
Impact of Community Outreach
The golf tournament will be played just after UConn’s Alumni Weekend. This offers a great opportunity for alumni to reconnect with other members of the UConn community to enjoy a day of golf and support a great cause. For additional information on Alumni Weekend 2013 please view the Alumni Association website.